31 May 2021

Medieval Beekeepers - Midlam Miniatures

 

Blasted through these lovely mega quirky medieval beekeepers from Midlam Miniatures this evening - they do these and some lovely Halfling ones too! Their whole range is great and has many gems that you’d struggle to find elsewhere! I’ve catalogued my dark ages/medieval/fantasy villagers elsewhere on this blog (back in the mists of time) and these will fit perfectly alongside the rest of the stuff I already have!
As you can see from this recreation, the sculpts are pretty spot on from what we know about medieval beekeeping! I’ve seen an amazing terrain piece including bee hives in a shelter built in the roots of a fallen tree that I really want to emulate when I get around to building more dark ages terrain! I also have a set of hives from Midlam that I’ll be incorporating into that piece!

That leaves me on a healthy 260 points for Hobby Bingo!

2 comments:

  1. They look great! I’ve got a set of the beehives on my birthday lost so here’s to hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look excellent! My lovely wife says I should repurpose these for sci fi, lovely grim dark robes :P

    ReplyDelete