28 October 2019

State of Play

Hello folks!

I've recently started a new job which is a pretty wonderful development! I had some issues getting my tuition fees funded for university so I sadly had to drop out - instead, I've been volunteering some of my time with a wildlife charity (admin stuff mainly, in an office and from the comfort of my own home!) and I have finally secured a full-time job with them! It's a brilliant organisation and one of the biggest in the UK, with lots of nature reserves and conservation projects galore - it seems like a really worthwhile cause and I'm overjoyed to be part of helping British wildlife to survive and thrive!

In other recent news, my partner and I got a puppy - she's a proper Heinz 57 - Cocker Spaniel, Poodle, Pug and French Bulldog! She has so much energy and such a great nature - she's coming up 24 weeks old and she's coming along great!

Meet Matilda!




 In hobby news, I've half-painted tons of stuff lately, but it's a few weeks since I've finished anything off! I do have a little backlog of miniatures that need proper photographs taking, which I'll get around to soon.

Sadly, I'm lacking any zombies to paint to partake in Zomtober this year - that was always my favourite monthly event in the blogosphere and helped me pretty much complete my zombie apocalypse miniatures - now I just need to finish some of the MDF terrain I have in the queue and start playing some games!

Here's a few hastily-snapped pictures from a current project - repairing and updating a bunch of Oldhammer skeletons and wizarding types to meet up with an internet friend from Newcastle (where I'm based in the office) to play some games of Warcry! I'm very much looking forward to getting the Warcry boxed set for Christmas also!




Finally, some purchases from the always wonderful Tynemouth Market, which we attended on Saturday:



Some cars that are roughly a suitable scale for 28mm - these will be repainted for use with my Pulp/Lovecraftian collection. 


Some smaller Matchbox-scale cars - I got 10 in total. I'm really looking forward to Gaslands-ing these up!

More soon, including good pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you posting again.

    Do the vintage cars, the ones for lovecraftian games, have a makers mark on the bottom?

    ReplyDelete