06 October 2020

Spooktober & Scarevember

Hello again, long lost readers!

As us bloggers tend to do after we drift off to other platforms that tend to be easier to handle on our telecommunication devices, I've wandered back over to Blogger on numerous occasions, usually at the prompting of friends (Lewis most recently, Dave before that), only to fall at that dastardly final hurdle - consistency!

I’ve decided that I need to make a pledge, in the style of the previous monthly challenges I’ve taken part in - this should have a few different benefits: a) proper targets and themes to try and stick to b) feedback and accountability from friends and readers. Also, given that it’s almost the most wonderful time of the year (Halloween!) and the challenges I’ve been part of previously (Zomtober!), I chose a theme to reflect this but broadened it (as I’ve pretty much ran out of zombies to paint over the years!) - spooky and scary miniatures over the months of October and November, with a view to playing a bunch of games with my best friends towards the end of October/start of November (depending on the state of the ongoing plague and the various sensible restrictions that are in place).

So, what does Spooktober/Scarevember 2020 include?

My main aim is to complete the additions to my wargames collection required to play the first few missions from the brilliant Rangers of Shadow Deep, although I will be setting mine in Shyish, the Realm of Death from Age of Sigmar. Currently this stands at approximately two dozen figures and a few pieces of terrain.

Once this is achieved, I would like to complete enough terrain to be able to play some games of Dracula’s America. 

After this I’ll reassess the situation and decide where to go next (looking at you, big ol’ pile of ghouls!). Given the “paint and make scary things” overall theme, Strange Aeons/Unspeakable Cults may be the direction I take...


Pictures of actual wargames miniatures and terrain will arrive within the next couple of posts, I promise! My current plan is to update the blog every Friday for the two-month challenge (starting this Friday!) but I have lots of other stuff painted in the past couple of years that I’d like to add to the blog, so there should be a bunch of posts appearing!

Thanks for reading - comments, questions and suggestions would be most welcome!

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Good start, I look forward to updates.
    Is unspeakable cults a Ganesh games product?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing what you post! Weirdly, I was thinking about digging out my Strange Aeons stuff out of the blue the other day too...

    ReplyDelete