28 March 2010

Work In Progress...

Another week of limited hobby-time...


Got these basecoated - Space Hulk Genestealers. They're Necron Abyss Blue from the GW Foundation paints range, with an Ultramarines Blue drybrush.


Got a little bit further with this one - Warlock Purple head/hands, then a wash (combining Purple/Red/Blue from the GW Washes, as I didn't have much of the purple left) and then I started his claws/bony bits (Khemri Brown to begin with). Still lots to do, but you'll see where he's going, pretty much the classic SH 'stealer scheme.

Got some plastic rod in the post, as well as a new scalpel, so I returned to work on these - it's just a matter of using their integral bases as a template and cutting them out, then cleaning up so they fit in nicely, then filling (with GS etc. - some will be done to look like they're welded) and finally rivets galore!

Also found these within my collection. They're sold as spaceships (here) but I'll be using them as in-planet craft, in the same way as Eisenhorn's Gun Cutter, or perhaps inter-system spacecraft. Some might be Planetary Defence Craft, a Rogue Trader's personal landing skiff, an Inquisitor's Gun Cutter etc. - I'll be able to do cinematic ship chases and things like that for my future Inquisitor campaigns...

No comments:

Post a Comment