01 August 2015

The Grey Wizard

This gentleman was painted a good while back but I only decided to get some nice pictures for the blog - this is Saruman during the The Scouring of The Shire, when he is incognito as Sharkey. I love the figure, he was a pleasure to paint and has seen quite a bit of action as a stereotypical bad wizard in my Song of Blades and Heroes games. I used the Vallejo Grey Wash for the cloak - this worked very well I think.

Comments are most welcome - thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Excellent work and excellent mini. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely painted and based

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and effective painting. the beard stands out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks - I'm a big fan of the shadiness of the sculpt, I was thinking that he was sort of disguising himself as Gandalf whilst painting him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sculp[t is sooooo awesome! I really need to add more vallejo washes to my paint collection...they're so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sculp[t is sooooo awesome! I really need to add more vallejo washes to my paint collection...they're so useful!

    ReplyDelete