25 August 2015

Game of Thrones - Wildling Reinforcements

As mentioned in the post from a few days ago, I've decided to add to my wildlings (and Nightswatcg/Men of the North) to bring them up to the warband size required for games of Lion Rampant or SAGA. I am also using these as the source of my warband members for Frostgrave, using them alongside a Warg-themed Witch (I have the official Witch and apprentice who fit the fur-clad wildling theme perfectly and they may see double-duty in this Lion Rampant force).
Above you can see the start of the additions to the warband - these are generally based on a big bag of plastic mordor orcs I bought from a friend, plus some metals I bought from another internet friend. The bag of orcs was lacking in bowmen, so I ended up hacking up some Lord of the Rings plastic elf bowmen I had sat around doing nothing for their bow arms. I did shorten these to fit with the wildlings a bit more. I also included a bunch of weapon swaps from spare parts from the Gripping Beast plastic kits.

In addition to the bits from Gripping Beast, I also used some heads available from CP Models, as shown on my favourite conversion from the bunch above, this dude and his horn. The metal figures shown above include some of the brilliant Mordor Uruk Hai, who will be used as sub-commanders in the force (and as Templars in the Witch warband for Frostgrave) with Dane axes replacing their missing weapons and another two metal orc characters with slight conversions to turn them into Wargs for the force.

Comments and suggestions are most welcome - thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. They look great! I'd been thinking about grabbing some bits from cp models for s little while now, and I think that conversion may have tipped me over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a really cool and random range! I'm a sucker for buying as many head sprues as possible and they always come in handy! I loved their gladiator head sprue the most, although I also have their mutant head sprues to work on in the future :)

      Delete
  2. Good stuff. You've certainly got the GRRM look in your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, I'm glad you think so! The LotR figures do most of the work though!

      Delete