24 August 2015

Game of Thrones - Wildling Chieftain

This is the current chief of my Wildling warband - the figure is from the Lucid Eye range that can be seen on Facebook: Lucid Eye. A great selection of figures - I hope I find an excuse to buy more!

The figure immediately struck me as perfect for a Wildling leader - the face reminded me of the Thenns from the Game of Thrones TV series. He was previously wielding a stone-tipped spear, which I decided to upgrade for a savage-looking axe. The head of the axe is from the Viking sprue from Gripping Beast and was taken from a Dane axe.

Comments and suggestions are more than welcome - thanks for reading and have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. He looks great, I wthink ah I'd picked one up at Salute when I was buying monkeys from their stand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would have saved on the post! A friend of mine is using their apes to make an ape gang for This Is Not A Test, including conversions on horses and an added gorilla - pretty damn good!

      Delete
  2. PERFECT Wilding! I like that sculpt very much - need to check out Lucid Eye I think for my Barbarians rpg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got a bit of bulk on most of the other Wildlings, which is partly why I think he works so well as a boss :) it's a small but growing range, with a great Tarzan and Jane, plus apes (as in the recent Apes film, with one looking exactly like Caesar), then two types of Cavemen, Atlanteans, all sorts of random stuff!

      Delete