01 September 2014

The day is here! Challenge begins!

Well, I'm happy to announce the start of the 6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge! I've spent a good portion of the day giving my Nerd Room a good tidy out, so everything is fresh and ready for a good start! Here's a list of the challenge participants to check out:
  1. The Spider Web of History - Dave and I thought this would be a great way of getting our projects in hand, save a little money and complete some miniatures! Expect to see Dark Ages, zomb-apoc and even some fantasy stuff - Dave is also active over on Instagram as irishjaeger and in addition to the rules of the challenge, he's going to try out converting figures and pinning for the first time!
  2. Mik's Minis - Mik's blog was one of my main inspirations for the creation of my own blog - he explained his motivations in taking up the challenge over on his blog. Mik is another very active Instagrammer...is Instagrammer a thing now?
  3. Tiny Solitary Soldiers - Spacejacker is a purveyor of finely painted 15mm figures - another blogger who can now be found more often over on Instagram.
  4. dead lead project - myincubliss is another fine Instagram gentleman - are you seeing a theme here? At the moment, Olly is working on some Star Wars Storm Troopers - very cool stuff!
  5. The Lost and the Damned and the Stunted - Dai covers a bunch of different genres - with a focus most recently on Flames of War. In addition to the standard rules, Dai is going to buy the rest of the force needed to complete his FoW German force - I look forward to seeing these!
  6. Tower of The Archmage - a blog that is primarily RPG related, TotA has set an additonal aim for himself of completing at least one miniature per week - I love the added challenges folks are setting themselves!
  7. Random Encounters - this is a relatively new blog, ran by tomw and covering a number of genres. tomw has mentioned that he's just got some landsknechts and Dogs of War, so they should be appearing during the challenge!
  8. Paintbrush and Superglue - Matt has recently been painting some very nice Partisans for WWII gaming (I have some 1/72 scale Partisans on the very long to-do list) and has interests in various different genres. Reducing his leadpile is the stated aim!
Phew! Hopefully this will serve as a bit of a placeholder to keep track of the folks taking part in the challenge! If anyone else would like to join, please comment below with a link to your blog or Instagram account. If you use labels on your blog, please use "6MMRPC" and/or Challenge for posts relating to it, or over on Instagram, please use #6MMRPC. I'll be doing a little round up post on how people are getting on with it every couple of weeks...

I had planned on having a stormer of a first day of the challenge...but sadly not! Tidying the Nerd Room and cleaning up some freshly stripped figures was about as far as I got. I have made a few "pre-Challenge purchases" (somewhat defeating the objective of the Challenge!), but the items I've bought will come in handy for a few different projects... More on this later!

16 comments:

  1. Dude! This is awesome! Just went and followed all the other blogs that are jumping in with this! Can't wait to see every bodies progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just done the same, hoping for some motivation from this!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the up. Am also about to add these other blogs.

    The organisation for all this is taking somewhat longer than I'd anticipated.... O_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! Yeah, I should probably think about getting a bit organised...

      Delete
  3. Hey, I posted on your other post with the rules too. I'd love to join the challenge! My blog is http://wastelandminiatures.blogspot.ca/. I am mostly painting Flames of War/15mm historical WW2 models with a smattering of other things thrown in too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you on board Cameron! :)

      Delete
    2. Oops. THat is your blog address... I was copy and pasting it... My blog is http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/.

      Delete
    3. Great stuff :) Welcome aboard!

      Delete
  4. Very cool, and a nice clean area to kick things off with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not very clean and tidy anymore, sadly :)

      Delete
  5. I'm joining your challenge too. Great idea and excited to see how long I last.

    http://miniatureinsurrection.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome daveb! I'm glad to have you participating :)

      Delete
  6. While I contribute little or nothing to the Blog-o-sphere, I have been collecting miniatures on & off for more than 30 years. This means I have a closet full of mostly unpainted (mostly fantasy) lead, so I would like to join in the 6-Month challenge.

    http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/blog.php?u=707

    I may eventually add another blog or replace the WAMP one with Blogger or my own site, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, let the games begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard Dave! Good to have you :) whatever's best for you - another option would be to post stuff on the Facebook group if you have an account over there :)

      Delete
  7. What a great idea. I need something to get me motivated, and have just recently started a wargaming specific blog to help with that. haha. Stumbled across your site via Planet Ares VI, and this is just the ticket to *keep* me painting. I'm going to jump on board too. :)

    My site is http://pantsofwar.blogspot.co.nz/

    I'm into smaller scale minis and playing larger scale games. Getting back into Warmaster at the moment, but my other big love is Future War Commander in 6mm.

    ReplyDelete