- The Spider Web of History - Dave and I thought this would be a great way of getting our projects in hand, save a little money and complete some miniatures! Expect to see Dark Ages, zomb-apoc and even some fantasy stuff - Dave is also active over on Instagram as irishjaeger and in addition to the rules of the challenge, he's going to try out converting figures and pinning for the first time!
- Mik's Minis - Mik's blog was one of my main inspirations for the creation of my own blog - he explained his motivations in taking up the challenge over on his blog. Mik is another very active Instagrammer...is Instagrammer a thing now?
- Tiny Solitary Soldiers - Spacejacker is a purveyor of finely painted 15mm figures - another blogger who can now be found more often over on Instagram.
- dead lead project - myincubliss is another fine Instagram gentleman - are you seeing a theme here? At the moment, Olly is working on some Star Wars Storm Troopers - very cool stuff!
- The Lost and the Damned and the Stunted - Dai covers a bunch of different genres - with a focus most recently on Flames of War. In addition to the standard rules, Dai is going to buy the rest of the force needed to complete his FoW German force - I look forward to seeing these!
- Tower of The Archmage - a blog that is primarily RPG related, TotA has set an additonal aim for himself of completing at least one miniature per week - I love the added challenges folks are setting themselves!
- Random Encounters - this is a relatively new blog, ran by tomw and covering a number of genres. tomw has mentioned that he's just got some landsknechts and Dogs of War, so they should be appearing during the challenge!
- Paintbrush and Superglue - Matt has recently been painting some very nice Partisans for WWII gaming (I have some 1/72 scale Partisans on the very long to-do list) and has interests in various different genres. Reducing his leadpile is the stated aim!
Phew! Hopefully this will serve as a bit of a placeholder to keep track of the folks taking part in the challenge! If anyone else would like to join, please comment below with a link to your blog or Instagram account. If you use labels on your blog, please use "6MMRPC" and/or Challenge for posts relating to it, or over on Instagram, please use #6MMRPC. I'll be doing a little round up post on how people are getting on with it every couple of weeks...
I had planned on having a stormer of a first day of the challenge...but sadly not! Tidying the Nerd Room and cleaning up some freshly stripped figures was about as far as I got. I have made a few "pre-Challenge purchases" (somewhat defeating the objective of the Challenge!), but the items I've bought will come in handy for a few different projects... More on this later!