29 August 2014

Image Dump - Fantasy Skirmish stuff over the past few months...

So, over the last 6 months, I've been full steam ahead on a fantasy skirmish project. As usual with my projects, it grew from a few characters and some enemies for a dungeoncrawl RPG, into an attempt to utilise the large collection of fantasy figures I had amassed. This blogpost is an image dump from my Instagram of the various figures I've been working on in the past months - above you can see a wide range of stuff, including toy crabs and loads of Reaper Miniatures Bones beasties!
Here you can see a mix of a Minotaur, Mordheim Freelance Knight, misc. PCs and NPCs, a troll, a Deadzone Plague creature for my zomb-apoc, some refurbished pine cone and cocktail stick poisonous space cacti and last but not least, this beast...
The Reaper Miniatures Bones Jabberwocky! Hopefully one of the heroes has a Vorpal Sword to go snicker-snack!
This fantastic figure from the Hordes Circle Orboros faction. He'll be a necromantic Priest of Carcosa (yeah, I'd been watching a lot of True Detective...) in muted browns, with pale skin and yellow spirals...
Some human warriors from the first GW Lord of the Rings boxed set. Just because. These will be Kingsguard-inspired.
A Ringwraith discovered in my collection. He'll be "The Pale Rider", an emissary of a great evil in my fantasy skirmish games.
The Crimson Knight - I had the figure and had been listening to the A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones audiobooks, listening to descriptions of Ser Amory Lorch and thought that this figure might make an interesting villain...
Another figure I love, this time from Warmachine, a Thrall Warrior. I love the pose, armour and the expression on the skull works alongside the normal skeletons I have to join him.
A couple of nasty surprises for my players - I need to make some closed boxes too!
Last but not least, my human mercs Mordheim warband. I was generally happy with these, but decided that I'd prefer to have them on round bases, specifically lipped bases, as they're my favourite for 28mm fantasy...
 
Check back soon to see these painted!

 

1 comment:

  1. Another fantastic post mate! I love that Hordes horned dude!

    ReplyDelete