08 June 2021

Barricades and Loot - The Walking Dead Miniatures Game, Mantic

I was recently having a think about what I’d need to start playing a couple of games and it struck me that it would only take a little bit of work to be able to play both Dracula’s America and something like Last Days Zombie Apocalypse - there’s some crossover for me with these skirmish games, I’ll likely be setting both campaigns around the Louisiana area and the recently completed farmhouse, barn and church would work for rural America - with the right set dressing I’d be more than happy to use them for both 1870s and modern times!
This bunch of barricades and objective markers come from Mantic Games and were originally an upgrade for their The Walking Dead base game to take you from cardboard terrain to 3D detailed pieces. A while ago (5 years maybes?) Mantic had a special festive offer, giving you double the set for the same price - so around £18 for 8 wrecked vehicles, 12 barricades and 20 loot/objective markers. It seemed perfect for my zomb-apoc and post-apoc collections and my sister bought me them as a Christmas gift.
Upon receiving them I was impressed - they’re generally high detail and cleaning up the few moldlines here and there wasn’t too arduous. I believe this set is now available through their Terrain Crate line which has subsequently been released.  As usual, I got these cleaned up, undercoated and promptly got distracted by something shiny and new!
As part of the aforementioned “get a game started” target, I thought these were a perfect addition to my modern zomb-apoc plans! Some of the barricades (the ones that are all wooden) could easily work for Dracula’s America as well as the planned Lovecraftian gaming too!
The crates of cans are my favourite part of the set and I took some time to paint some teeny tiny Heinz Baked Beans and Campbells soup labels. I also attempted to add some newspaper-ish squiggles on some of the papers lying against the boxes or on some of the other markers - I also included a TIME magazine somewhere in there, some American dollars and even a tiny drivers license (I googled US driving license and used McLovin’s as inspiration!).
Finally, the backpacks - the bunny was my favourite!

This is 32 components in total and they’ll count as 3 x 10 Figures. I need to get these posts updated with my Bingo card - hopefully I can get that done soon! Thanks for reading and I’d LOVE to read your thoughts! 

Next up are the 8 vehicles from the set - 4 sedans and 4 pickup trucks. I sprayed them with a bunch of rattle-can dregs a while back to mix things up. I should have them finished in the next week or so. After those I think it’ll be some fences - I have some from Renedra that will work for both of the aforementioned settings!



1 comment:

  1. I love me some scatter terrain, some great stuff here, sir!

    ReplyDelete