28 October 2020

Workbench Wednesday - Batman Minis, Deep Ones, Orcs and Neave!

A miscellany of items currently in progress! 
Professor Pyg and his Dollotrons from the Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models - looking awfully like ghosts at the moment! I'd originally zenithal-sprayed them but when it came to painting them it just wasn't working very well. I then decided to drybrush them all light grey followed by white. I started painting the bases on all my figures a while back whilst basecoating them, so that's why they look particularly odd right now! Professor Pyg is a relatively new Batman villain - he's your classic mad surgeon archetype, trying to create "perfect" humans. Since arriving in the comics he's gone on to appear as a sidequest in Arkham Knight (which this depiction comes from) and in the Gotham TV show.
The Electrocutioner, also from the Batman Miniatures Game. He's a minor villain and sometimes portrayed as a mercenary - this miniature is how he appears in the Arkham Origins prequel game as one of the assassins that have been hired to kill the Batman. He's in an armoured suit and has electroshock gauntlets that Batman eventually "borrows".
Malifaux Silurid Slaves, aka Swamp Deep Ones - I love these Catfish-themed Deep Ones by my favourite sculptor, Paul Muller. They're sadly OOP now that Malifaux is strictly plastic only, which is a shame! These aren't far off being finished.
Warhammer Orc Slaver - it being Orctober, I decided to pull this venerable mini out of the lead pile! I imagine him working for a small group of Hellknight Anti-Paladins I've been slowly working on over the years, keeping their servants in line!

Neave Blacktalon, Stormcast special character, almost finished! Loved this figure from it's first preview and picked it up a while back, only to have a cat chew off her axes! A kind soul on Instagram sent me some replacement axes which are also from the Vanguard. I've recently removed the little spiky back piece she had behind her head as it just seemed a little over the top. Just a few little touch-ups to do - this is how I'm going to paint the other few bits of Stormcast I have.

I do have a load of other stuff Work-In-Progress, these are just a very small selection! Hopefully I'll be able to show you them completed soon!

1 comment:

  1. The batman stuff has never interested me, never been a big comic book fan tbh. But the sculpting on those models is brilliant.
    I like the swamp deep ones, definitely a use for them with Dracula's America, maybe with the voodoo posse?
    Blacktalon is awesome as well, I like the black armour.
    Is she meant to be from the Anvil's of Heldenhammer, or your own Stormhost?
    Perhaps I should restart my "Workbench Wednesday" series which has kind of drifted away...

    ReplyDelete