30 October 2015

Feral Ghoul Reavers and Glowing Ones

I finished these rad-ghouls (radiation zombies from the Fallout post-apocalyptic universe) some time last year - I built them during October but didn't finish painting them until December. The armoured ones are "Reavers", a tougher and higher damage-dealing type of ghoul. They're basically rage zombies whose brains have been affected by the nuclear radiation, to the point where they're animalistic and lose all personality.
These are meant to be feral ghoul "Glowing Ones" - another type of ghoul that has soaked up a massive amount of radiation and can expel it in bursts of rads. These damage the non-ghoul and actually somehow help heal someone who is already ghoulified. I tried to paint them in the same luminous yellow/green that they're shown in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, with black veins threading through their translucent flesh.

The figures are Mantic plastic zombies with extra bits on the Reavers from various plastic kits.
Comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Glow in the dark zombies - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work on very distinct types of ghoul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glowing zombies and their veins are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool they turned out great dude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glowy fellows could perhaps do with a little highlighting to make them seem a bit more glowy, but otherwise all four of these nasties look great sir!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments guys :)

    Dai - hah yeah, I do agree - when I was painting these I couldn't get a happy medium, I just went with the best I could do in the end. The issue was that there just wasn't enough detail (I mean the sort of cracks and crevices more than anything here) for me to be able to properly achieve the "glowing from within" effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them! Noob question (!) : How do you make their bases?

    ReplyDelete