24 October 2014

Zomtober - workmen, prisoners and a tyrant!

I'm a little late on this update (again!) - these figures were finished a week ago. I decided to go with a theme for some of the zombies I had left to finish (as I've done with the hunters from the last update and the prisoners from Zomtober 2013) and chose to paint a group of 6 of them as construction workers.
These zombies were already assembled and undercoated, so rather than select particular parts and assemble them as construction workers, I pulled out 6 that I thought would work well as workmen. A couple of the zombies I had remaining have the hardhat, so they fit this perfectly, plus I picked out a few that had the jacket on - I thought it'd work well painted as a hi-vis vest. I also found a metal zombie from Studio Miniatures, which I'd swapped the head of.
I also had these Horrorclix figures based up and thought they'd fit the prisoner theme quite nicely, so painted them to fit in with the prisoners from last year. 
Finally, this beast! A Plague Stage 1 from Deadzone - I picked up this guy nice and cheap alongsider a character I wanted from Deadzone (The Survivor) and thought that he'd fit nicely as a sort of Resident Evil-style "End Boss" for my zomb-apoc games. There wasn't much to do with the paint job, so I gladly admit that I went overboard with the gore... Hah!

I'm getting close to the end of my unpainted zombie stuff now! I've been reading the most recent Walking Dead issues and I'm buzzing with ideas for a rival faction of survivors for my players to go up against! I'm off to the Fiasco wargames show on Sunday, where I'll be picking up a set of the Wargames Factory plastic male survivors to come up with some more organised groups of survivors - I currently have sort of "special characters", so some Walking Dead-style "normal survivors" will be good!

14 comments:

  1. Nice zeds dude! I like the way you are themeing (is that a word) little groups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to add a bit of character to some of the Studio Miniatures plastics :) thanks mate!

      Delete
  2. O yes, I like these very much. Lovely use of the Horrorclix minis too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai - I bloody love the Horrorclix range!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely wonderful! Some great additions, I love the partially eaten zed in the first picture particularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael - I had two of that one from Studio Miniatures (it's one from Night of the Living Dead apparently) and switched the head on this one (to one of the resin ones from Studio Miniatures).

      Delete
  4. Looking great bro! And the background is working wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looking good!

    The idea with using the stage 1 as an endboss has crossed my mind as well.
    Really evil looking bastard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is an evil looking bugger isn't he? He was a sort of added extra that was really cheap on eBay!

      Delete
  6. Nice work! Love the big'un would make a good Patient Zero or Res Evil Nemesis beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I was thinking of a supervillain the other day, called Patient Zero - he'd be a sort of zombie master/necromancer, able to control the hordes of undead...

      Thanks for the comment Simon :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome, really like how the Clix turned out!

    ReplyDelete