Monday, 25 August 2014
The 6 Month Mountain Reduction & Painting Challenge - Introduction and (Self-Imposed!) Rules...
I've recently been talking to Dave over at The Spider Web of History (check it out for historicals, zombies, post-apoc and more!) about our shared lack of focus on our current projects - the gamer's curse, flitting from one project to another, all the while purchasing more and more miniatures! I'm pretty sure wargaming turns you into a hoarder...
With this in mind, we decided to set ourselves a challenge, in order to start to deplete our plastic/lead mountains and get some of our already-purchased stuff completed! Here are our rules, beginning 1st September 2014...
1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker card. Like in a deck of cards, you get two jokers to use on a figure purchase during the six months of the challenge. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge.
2. Gifts do not count against you. Christmas and or birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise. I luck out here, as I'll have Christmas and my birthday during this 6 Months.
3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.
4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you Instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC
5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED!
So, what do you think? Fancy taking up the challenge with us? I'm sure you have plenty of stuff to be on with at the moment in your own lead and plastic mountain - feel free to contact myself or Dave if you fancy partaking with us!