28 June 2012

Shanty Camper

Finished another piece of terrain - the most simple of the additions to the shanty - a dilapidated van that has been turned into one gentleman's humble abode.
This is one of the recycled camper vans that I salvaged and made various amendments to - I covered all of the windows and tyre hubs in to create a more "lived in" and less "been abandoned for a while" feell.
The camper was undercoated black, then a sponge was used to basecoat it. From there I did various weathering (again using the sponge) and washed a crappy orangey/brown rust into various crevices. I was extremely pleased with the speed I could paint it with the sponge - took me about an hour to get it mostly finished. I still want to add graffiti - I'm planning on doing this for the 5 pieces of shanty terrain together.

3 comments: