22 January 2012

Where I am with Space Hulk...

I had planned on completing everything for Space Hulk as of New Years Eve 2011 - sadly, this did not come to pass. I did manage to get the vast majority of the miniatures in the boxed set completed, but I still have the Librarian and Broodlord to finish, plus the bases of the Genestealers to go back over and bring up to the level of muck and grime of the Terminators. To be honest, there's probably a million different things I could go back and alter. And I probably will.
Long-time readers of my blog may remember the magnetised bases I put together for all of the Terminators shortly after receiving the box as a Christmas gift from my parents - the bases are all now painted up nicely!
Although all of the integral bases on the Terminators are different shapes, it was still slightly awkward to pair the correct Astartes to the correct 40mm gaming base. A set of transfers kindly solved this issue for me! Each integral base bottom now has a corresponding number on it's particular base. Perfect!

Hopefully I'll be able to get the Broodlord and Librarian finished soon and put an end to the project - it's been a labour of love - time to start gaming with them!

9 comments:

  1. Nice work! The bases look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre still alive!

    i have only painted one space hulk mini!

    oops lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These guys look fantastic and I'm with Ironworker, those bases rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic great idea with the bases

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work, what chapter? Flesh tearers? flesh eaters?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great. I did the same with my bases. Though I did not use magnets.

    Sadly.... That was a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! They're coming along, hopefully I'll get them finished off shortly!

    Dan - they're just Blood Angels in my dirty painting style :) some of them have black shoulder pads and other armour segments. The idea is that as they serve longer (and this goes especially for those in strictly melee roles) their armour is slowly repainted in the colours of the Death Company...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic looking set of Space Hulk. I wish mine looked so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good. I am normally a good few months late on a 'game planned for Xmas/new Years Eve/Birthday' it happens!

    ReplyDelete