13 November 2010

Meet Mr. Board

This is the beginning of my brand-spanking-new games board! Two 2ft by 4ft segments that will fit together rather nicely - they'll be scorched brown, drybrushed with a lighter brown and finally a pale grey-ish cream, so the same style as all of my miniatures bases! Or at least the vast majority!


To be honest, this is one of those projects I've been putting off for absolutely ages, yet is totally essential. Daft, isn't it? It was mainly due to the effort of having to organise lifts to the B&Q Warehouse combined with the previous lack of funds. Well, today was payday, thus I finally took the plunge and got it sorted! The supporting brackets were cut in the store at no extra cost, saving me a bit of work, but they'll need to be cleaned up and then everything will need to be marked properly for the screws, guide holes drilled, screws countersunk and filled in. I'm going for a real neat and tidy job here - I have a feeling that this is going to spur on the terrain building even more!

1 comment: