12 April 2010

More 'stealery goodness...

Finished off a spot of painting on Saturday evening after a relatively busy day...

The next 4 Space Hulk Genestealers. Very happy with this scheme, seems to work rather well and it's also the Space Hulk classic :)


After being bullied into starting a force for Epic by various friends, these are my test miniatures, shown WIP earlier in the blog.

These are on their way for the force - old Mk1 Imperial Hellhounds, I think they fit the corrupted PDF/Renegade Forgeworld-built aesthetic of the "Leman Russes" (which are converted from the Ork battlewagons).

Next up for my 40k Chaos Marines - 5 Havocs. I'll probably add to their number with some bolter Marines for cannon fodder. These are aimed at taking on the Ork horde of my main gaming friend, I also have pretty much the same unit in my Imperial Marines.

I've also been working on a few bits and pieces tonight, but nothing particularly solid enough to post updates for. I currently have 5 Sternguard (converted from the robed Dark Angel veterans) and a power armoured Librarian using the Dark Angels special character Ezekiel - I've always loved the model and managed to pick up the figure for pennies on eBay minus his sword. I've managed to convert him up a nice fiery force weapon, from the Empire Wizard kit sprue. More on these soon - I also have a couple of other robed characters and the next 5 Sternguard awaiting paint.

In non-wargaming news, I finally managed to get out into the garden to work in the greenhouse for a while. My parents recently turned what had been a storage outhouse for all kinds of junk into a storage outhouse for their budding business, meaning the greenhouse became a place to dump all the empty plant pots. I had a slight tidy out of these, got rid of the stuff that wasn't of use anymore and managed to get some seeds sown - jalapeno chillies, mixed salad greens and lettuce to begin with. The aforementioned Orkish gaming buddy shares my love of jalapenos (and is vegetarian...boo/hiss) so they should come in handy later on in the year! At the moment I'm pondering sowing more jalapenos, need to sow a hell of a lot more lettuce, sow radishes, chop back some herbs, sow more oregano, decide what to fill my outdoor vegetable beds with... The list goes on!

I also just started watching a new TV show - V (link). It's a good ol' "invasion by aliens" story, but it's really well done, very polished and filled with great actors. The first episode was quite a "ooh, what was she in again?"-type of episode, but none the less, it's tense, well written and really is worth a watch. There are only 6 episodes out so far, and only 8 in the first season as far as I can tell - give it a go!

Comments and critique would be great, if anyone out there is listening? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment